Friday 31 January 2014

The Nest....

“It's a little inconvenient, his not having a name. But I haven't any right to give him one: he'll have to wait until he belongs to somebody.
(… … …)
I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together. I'm not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it's like." She smiled… … …
"It's like Tiffany's," she said.

********************************************
Yes, I have found that place where Me and things belong together. And, I agree that it would have been a little inconvenient for him, not having a name. My father in law had chosen a name for him when he was born. That is his bhalo naam. (Bengalis, as a matter of compulsion, are bestowed with two sets of names. Bhalo naam and Daak Naam. The former is for the world at large, while the latter is a nick name, a term of endearment used only by very close relatives and friends). I have a daak naam for him which, like most nick names, is weird and funny and reserved for very close people. I will not embarrass him by sharing it here. I can however share the surname. No prizes for guessing….a part of the family will obviously share the family name.   


Having a name however, is not something exclusive to him. His innumerable brethren are given beautiful names by their family members. I believe that the beauty of a home begins with the name. It infuses the first traces of life into his otherwise inanimate structure and makes him breathe and grow along with you.


P.S: A friend had a house in Shantiniketan. It was named “Bhalo~basha”. Bhalo’ in Bengali means good, ‘basha’ means home and ‘Bhalobasha’ means love. Some words are just meant to create magic, irrespective their profuse use, isn’t it? 

********************************
He had the perfect bachelor’s life until I stepped into his existence. Preceding our marriage, he was a rented space and was one of the most disorganized being I had ever come across. His damp and drab walls made a sorry sight. We civilized him slowly. To begin with, we chose the paint for the walls, the upholstery and the basic furniture. When I look back at the seven years spent with each other, I realise that I hardly knew anything about making a home beautiful except a game called “Colour man, colour man what colour do you choose”. The bedroom was painted with the colours of sand and sun……three yellow walls complemented with a caramel-coloured sand-textured fourth. When I got married, textured walls (read, a different fourth wall) was not so common. Hence, that wall was a matter of great pride for me. It still is. It smells of the sea.
****************************************
Home when read a little differently says “Oh me!”…….

Your home is like a mirror that holds your reflection.

Ours grew with us. Needless to say, he grew up to be like us. The saying “haar ghar kuchh kehta hein” applies to every house in their varied and special ways and my house is no exception. He is as vocal as his owners and there lies his individuality. The colours he basks in, the ‘clothes’ that he wears, the smell he emits, the music he plays and the food he serves speak volumes about the inhabitants….vibrant, happy-go-lucky, mad, bizarre and adequately lovable.

***************************************

While writing for a contest hosted by Asian Paints, it is but natural that I will flip through the pages of their website. And, this is what held my attention, untainted and untouched for several minutes. I chanced upon the Asian Paints’ Colour Next project. They displayed various inspirations behind their colour-trends for the year gone by. I am in general, a non-follower of trends. But those were beyond beautiful, exceptionally motivating and awe-evoking. The patchwork below is totally my kind of inspiration. The cinnamon flavoured walls filled up my senses while the “dhal-gaya-din” mirrors, the Clockwork Red and the Gold Spots were born to woo the vigorous DIY-er in me.     

Source: http://www.asianpaints.com/colournext/lookbook.html


DIY reminds me that this house is a huge soft board for pinning my DIY projects. Cookie tin-jewellery boxes, lampshade-vases, coconut shell-candles, light bulb-plant holders, desk calendars-turned-photo frames can be found here there everywhere.

A part of the house got painted a few months back on the occasion of the brother-in-law’s wedding. The empty Asian Paints tins were painted brightly and converted into hanging planters for the terrace garden. I also made lanterns out of some of them by drawing ”join-the-dot” outlines and hammering nails along the periphery of such patterns.

DIY does not appeal to me in its literal connotation only. It is also about serious recycling and about making memories out of things you don’t want to throw away ever. For instance, the pine fruits collected from Manali (my honeymoon destination) are painted in glittery colours and made a part of the décor. 



Do you remember that roll of thick thread that used to come with a specific brand of water purifiers? I do not remember their exact purpose. I do not need to. See this beautiful swan crochet mat, woven by an aunt-in-law from that roll of thread. What better purpose can there be?




The empty beer bottles rolling on my floor in their drunken merriness (after India’s last World Cup win) were preserved by dressing them up with my left-over fabric and using them for growing money plants.



For people whose money and plants grow at an inverse proportion, resorting to home-made ideas is the best option anyways. :/

*************************************






The mention of wealth and green thankfully stroke a more positive chord in my heart. It is said that, “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” My guardian angel (read father-in-law) has bestowed them both upon us.


No house is complete without a green patch. If space is a constraint, one can resort to indoor plants. On window sills, center tables, low rising cupboards, book racks and even restrooms, they look lovely.

In my personal opinion, the charm of a garden grows manifold if you add a swing to its landscape. Depending on the size of the garden, it can range from Ray’s Charulata-swing to the one in the picture below.



My garden is not complete if I do not mention these children. I am in love with them. The Worse Half dislikes cats. (The reason behind both the emotions, I think, is my uncanny resemblance with cats. We are lazy, fat round chubby, awesome-outside-awful-inside, love to eat and sleep, hate physical exercises and in blind love with ourselves). Pursuant to an amicable settlement, they are allowed in the garden and not inside the house. : (

Home is where the cat lies…
******************************
If books were like Olympic medals, our house would have suffered multiple neck injuries. The house has over 1500 books in his collection which is increasing by the day with each member’s contribution. Here is a snapshot of the library. (98.5% credit goes to the father-in-law).


The Man has followed his father’s footsteps. Initially, I used to complain when rooms were ‘sand-duned’ with books all over. But thereafter, I realised that in a book-loving house, owing to their alarming rate of increase, books are bound to be a part of the décor. This reminds me of an old conversation had with my roomie.

“Why is this huge stack of books lying here? Will you please spare the bedroom atleast?”
~ Have I ever told you anything when you stack nail paints on the dressing table?
“But that’s where they are supposed to be”
~And, books dear, are supposed to be everywhere.
Point. <3

***************************************************
“When we are hungry, love will keep us alive” – Eagles
“So will cinema” – Parama Ghosh



When faced with interrogation from someone as to why I have framed photographs of movie stars on the bedroom wall, my honest and prompt reply was: “Is it not boring if you have to wake up every morning and see the face of the same man in your bedroom?” While the best option from my “Men I want to date” list made it to the bed, the bank accounts and the life insurance policies, the next best options made it to my wall.

The runners-up in my husband’s “Women I want to date” list have similarly made their place on the drawing room’s wall.


In terms of being religious, the walls of my house get full marks. Most of the walls are adorned by pictures of Gods and Goddesses. (We haven’t spared the cushions even! Sigh….)


**********************
Khush-ons….


P: “I am in love with cushions.”

J: You are biologically gifted with so many. The love shows from the lack of any effort to get rid of them.
X(

Leave aside those mean jokes. The point is, cushions add a lot of character and comfort to the house. I love them in vibrant colours and textiles. Being a lover of all things Desi, the cushions, bedspreads and curtains reflect an overdose of Kalamkari, Kantha, Bandhni, Bagru, Madhubani and other indigenous fabric.



This picture taken on a lazy afternoon warmed my heart. It brilliantly summed up few of the most exquisite things Bengal ever produced. The Kantha, the picture from Tagore’s Shahaj Pathh recreated on Batik (“ডাক পাড়ে ঔ, ভাত আনো বড়ো বৌ”), Alpona painted on the terracotta plate and the “Diva” on the magazine cover…..if this is not beautiful, then what is?      

      
Neglected art forms invariably draw my affection and attention. Batik is one such. The “mere-dholna-sun” cushions (on two sides) in this picture are resist-paintings in the form of Batik and bought from a village artisan from Shantiniketan.      
    
************************************
Curtains, clocks and collectibles

The love for Indian fabric and motifs is reflected in the curtains too. For people whose lives thrive on colours, the curtains become an evident representation of the same. I have noticed that changing curtains in 3-4 months work wonders to the rooms. Changing curtains is not as easy as changing bed sheets…both in terms of money and energy. So you can do what I do. Interchange curtains from one room to another, mix and match, make loops on one end of the dupattas/stoles you hardly use and hang them from the curtain-rods. Compliments will flow like P.C. Sarkar’s ‘Water of India’ at the sight of your Bandhni, Ajrak and Chanderi curtains. ;)

The traditional Gamchha of Bengal transformed into curtains



My house is as metro sexual as Salman Khan and flaunts his accessories likewise. Here is a sneak peak.















A favourite wedding gift of mine (the wooden clock and not the human) and a "Vikram aur Betaal" photograph.
******************************************
I also have a few collectibles which are wrapped in memories and tied up with strings of happiness. They range from bottled rainwater (from the first shower of a particular year), weaver bird’s nest, sea shells, masks, wooden toys and the like.

The pebbles lying near the lamp were collected from Victoria Memorial during our courtship days (if you are a Bengali and have not visited Victoria with your Laabhaar atleast once, you are destined to knock on Hell’s door and be punished severely).


The “Sondesher Chhanch” or moulds were used by our earlier generations for making sweets at home and beautifying them with patterns on top. I chanced upon them in a local Mela (Each for five rupees). I do not have the patience of making sweets with them. Hence….


These ceramic dip-bowls hoard remnants of a favourite neck piece and a vacation by the sea.   


********************************
Let there be light, oxygen and food….
These are the three things without which life would not be the same. These are also the three things without which my house will not be the same.

Light:


My favourite is the first on the top left. On a special request, a rural artiste from the handicrafts fair painted Kalighat-Patachitra on a raw silk lamp for me. It could have been a reason enough for my delight. However the woman’s hand gesture and the way she is rebuking her husband in the picture made my happiness grow manifold.   

Oxygen:

The dressing table containing my Pandora’s boxes....junk jewellery, stationary and the little Et ceteras without which I may stop breathing….    

Food:     

















A clean kitchen was my aspiration. And I have (almost) achieved that. *drum rolls*

My kitchen, like all its fellow rooms, is a victim of my recycling-ventures. Also, it boasts of the attractiveness of recent Yash Raj films’ trailers…..beautiful to look at, doubtful so far as the finished products are concerned. : ( 

Food for thought:

Bar accessories fascinate me as much as their contents. I have collected a few of them over the years. It is difficult to flaunt all of them like family heirlooms because I live with my in-laws.

These villainous shot glasses are favourites from the collection.

“Sardar maine aapka namak khaya hain”…
Ab Tequilla aur Nimboo bhi khha….


I also consider the framed picture as a bar accessory. A gift on our seventh, it reads a lovely note.

"Tum aur hum, jaise coke aur rum...Ek7 janam janam"

**********************************
The threshold:

So here we are. Aren’t you feeling exhausted after the whirlwind of a home tour? Let’s sit on the porch and chat some more. The cinnamon tea can give us company. Instead of biscuits, let me serve you a few chocolate cookies. Here they are:

·                     Your home is your home. Treat it like a family member and it will treat you like wise.

·              Get inspired but don’t follow trends blindly. What may look great on Sonam Kapoor may make me look like a tent. So drop the “Cntrl C + Cntrl V” jacket and let him speak his own story.   

My Ramayana-door. Ram, Sita and Hanuman (detachable) on the eye hole.

·                    For a perfect home, money is one of the last things you need.

·                    The secret of a beautiful house is its going through a Sholay-test and passing it. You see the same walls, same rooms, same curtains every day. Yet, every time you see them, your heart melts. That is the Sholay-test.  

·                 Love him more. Love his attires and accessories less. Remember that the ceramic statues or the porcelain figurines in your house are things. And I believe, “the best things in life aren't things”.


·                Of all the things I have written above (and felt secretly good about), the one that makes me feel very happy is this: I have seen people dread at the advent of child visitors at their places. I have seen people utter, “Ishhhh, the baby is touching that terracotta Ganesha. He may break it”. I heard friends telling me, “My son is very naughty; please remove everything breakable before he destroys them all”.  I have NEVER EVER done that when children visit our home. I have NEVER EVER felt scared that my favourite things may be broken. I have not said a word when my maid’s son drew on one of our walls. Scolding him would have killed the artist in that child. My heart warmed when I saw this picture on the internet. It reaffirmed my belief that “Life is beautiful”.

Source: "Best out of Waste", Facebook page.

· 
*************************************
 My spiritual Guru had once said, “Happy girls are the prettiest”. It applies equally to everyone, including the one that gives you shelter. :)  



This post is written for the “The Asian Paints - Great Ways to Create a Beautiful Home Blogger Contest (of which I got to know from the Women's Web. The rules and regulations are here.)


Photographs (except where it is specifically mentioned): Author's own.

84 comments:

  1. Beautiful...
    You(of course!), your home, the way you beautify her...and the way you talk about her....
    I always consider a "home" like a "pregnant mother", pregnant with people belonging to her... as she definitely shows the true characters of her babies.... Your house proves me right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I share very similar feeling, but for me the house is more like a child born to us. He grows along with us and reflects our features. He is one of those very few things of which you never get tired of. :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the loveliest things that I have read in a long long time - your house has a soul. And has your DNA. What more could he ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, this compliment is like a gold medal which the Son has won. You turned me into a proud Bong mother who feels proud of anything the son does. :D Thanks a lot. Love.

      Delete
  3. osadharon...tomar lekha theke ami amar ebarer saraswatipujor jonnyo ekta idea pelam..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumana. Welcome to my blog. Please tell me which idea did you use? tell tell. :)

      Delete
    2. ekta alpona anka ache deyale..seta dekhe..kintu ekhane photo ta upload korte parchina..amar aNka jodio kacha hater..tobuo dekhate ichee korchilo...

      Delete
    3. tomar lekha ami pori onekdin dhore kintu kichui lekha hoye othena..sob i eto bhalo..mon cNhuye jawa...

      Delete
    4. Dnarao. This is my id: gangulyparama@gmail.com. Please please photo pathao. Would love to see.
      PS: Thanks for the second comment. :)

      Delete
    5. Parama Sent..ami bhabchilam FB e upload kore tomake link ta pathiye di..etai bhalo holo..

      Delete
  4. super beautiful home and mind-blowing writeup! winner all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one biased soul!! But then what are best friends made of? Bias, blindness towards one another, sugar cubes and sunshine. I love you.

      Delete
  5. Parama Ghosh, I hate you! X(
    Super duper envious!
    I can't stop staring at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D pagli!! You are most welcome darling. Come home and have a look.

      Delete
  6. This is actually a fun place to live in. The walls, the photographs, the small knick knacks and stuff.. everything has a story.. About mischievous kids visiting your place and breaking stuff, that is okay! Removing everything is a terrible thing to do. I actually hate it. I had a friend whose mother would buy pretty dolls and make soft toys and then use them to decorate showcases. She never got to play with them. When the purpose of having certain things is not unfulfilled what is the point of having them around?
    The most incredible thing about you as a person would be how you have a taste in everything and how you care to use your skills to light up the place!
    P.S. Adopt me? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! I wish I could adopt you. But the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 would not allow us! :D :D Isshh, the lawyer started talking again.

      Delete
  7. I always get inspire when i read ur most precious moment u share with us and this episode is all time special to me because now my mind is desperately running behind a little home where i can paint on wall in my drawing room and place all empty bottles (those are stored in my divan and sandip is always looking for a chance to through them out) which would be covered by unused fabric in my open balcony. And specially one of my sensitive issues with library.... can't tell u, i really wish "jodi amar ekta chader upor chooto ghor thakto, i could have made library and my studio there. I already got similar cushions cover therefore 2% I have done to reach for final destination. And ....now I need a "bhalo basa" to give it new feelings with " amader bhalobasa".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any "basha" is bhalo dear. When you have buy a house, we two will do a lot of things together. Can't wait for that day.

      Delete
  8. My word! You have left me in a quandary. What do I comment on? Your fantastic home with 'his' earthy hues? Or the naughty elegance of your world which somehow the camera lens managed to capture? Or do I compliment the photographer's skills? Or do I look in awe at the wonderfully stacked array of a million books (of which i am jealous btw)? Or your really cool wall clocks?

    Kudos yet again. Only your words could do justice to the beauty that is your home. Needless to say, 'all the best for the contest' sounds a mere formality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blushing. Incessantly. Thank you Sunil Babu.

      Delete
  9. aha, duronto likhechen :) songer chhobi gulo gota byapartake ekta alada matra diyechhe. darun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arijit. My office colleagues have always told me that I can easily be given the Worst photographer's award. They have made fun. I will use your comment as a mooh-toR jawab..:D Thanks again.

      Delete
  10. I cant control myself from proudly yelling This beautiful home is mine too :) :) :) (dekhbi aar jolbi, luchir moto fulbi moment is happening)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this house is OURS. In fact everything I own is yours too baby. <3

      Delete
  11. You have a beautiful house. Hope to have a house like yours one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Khushboo. Your comment is as beautiful as your name..thanks.
      PS: When you have a house, do connect. We can plan and decide something together?

      Delete
  12. Gosh, woman................I love your house!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to invite me, unless you expect me to gatecrash. What a wonderfully done home! I loved every bit of it. So artistic and yet, so simplistic. And for the record, my money is totally on you. Well done, indeed. And following you for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps, lovely lady. My house is waiting for you...DDLJ style....#Tujhedekhatohyehjanasanam. On a more serious note, I love your blog too. Totally love it.

      Delete
    2. So sharing your post. You deserve to win this, hands down! and since I am invited over, my loyalties won't shift :D

      Delete
  13. You and your home are beautiful.. I love the eccentricity, the color, the drama, the dash of spice and everything that has gone into it... Good luck Parama :)
    Btw, loving your blog and unable to stop reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my morning brighter and smile wider. Thanks a ton. Hope to see you more on this space...And, yes, keep posting your feedback. helps a lot.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful pictures...beautiful post! Your home is so bright, colourful, earthy and elegant!
    All the best for the contest!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tarang...for the compliment and the good luck. :)

      Delete
  15. You know Parama, when i was a kid, aunties who were articulate in how they speak, wore big bindis, colourful churis, sarees that were diff than the rest, and who had house that were colourful and decorated better than ours always attracted me to them! I would look at them in awe from the side of the door. I would smell their sarees, or wear their sandals when they were not looking! Eta pore they came back to me in a flash... at 31, who knew i could get attracted to u in the same way... That same sense of awe... the feeling of 'let me touch and see if she is real' :) The DIVA in question is YOU Parama... Like i have said a 100 times before, you define your name completely. I don't seem to finish getting inspired by ur sense of style in everything you do or set up in your home. Home is where the heart is generally, my heart is ALSO partly at yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am speechless. I don't know how to react. Possibly one of the greatest compliments I have ever received. I had goosebumps and lumps-in-the-throat. As a child, I was so similar to you!! I used to do the SAME things! And this compliment is too huge to sink in at one go. "Let me touch it and see if it is real" :) :) :) Love you girl. I wish compliments could be framed.........

      Delete
  16. If I ever get to meet you, I want to see two things- that library and that blush of first rain!
    Parama di, I am your fan and I am not joking. You have already won this contest for me!

    P.S. I so want to read your love story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love. You are my first fan. In case, I ever have to deliver a Thank-you speech at some Award ceremony, I know whose name to mention in that list. Love you.
      @the bottled rain water: Mailing you right away :D

      Delete
  17. Wow!! I am absolutely awestruck!! This is just pure brilliance..!! Parama, you have another fan in me now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome.. U r quite talented. Khub shundor shajiechish. tui nije jamon shundor shajish tamon bari take shajiechish. Keep it up. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Extremely gorgeous, ethnic , well designed and wat not. I shud appoint u to design my future home :)
    JST KIDDING

    lvoely home u hav got
    God bless and ur artistic brain played a bigger role
    ATB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Afshan. You gave me a bright smile and a brighter day. Thanks again.

      Delete
  20. Awesome.. U r quite talented. Khub shundor shajiechish. tui nije jamon shundor shajish tamon bari take shajiechish. Keep it up. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! Seriously, wow!! I'm a little clueless about where to begin with. There is not a thing there I didn't love (and not just like)...your house is everything perfection means...those beautifully sourced elements, superb attention to details....total love!! I'm with Vinita on this one...you're totally winning the contest :D Best wishes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swarnali, that is SO flattering. Thank you is a small word for a compliment so huge. Hugs.
      @winning the contest: From the compliments you guys are showering, I already feel like a winner :D

      Delete
  22. You, your home and your post all three are wonderfully beautiful! Loved reading your post and yes your home does reflect the personalities of its parents like a child nurtured with tender loving care. All the best. One prize of most creative blog post is confirmed. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Swati. You made my day :)
      @personalities of its parents: Yes, I have heard from people that my home is SO bright that they need goggles before they enter. Can't help! The owners are like that :D

      Delete
  23. beautiful ..specially loved the idea of using Shondesh-er Chanchh as home decor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      PPPPS: You have the most drool-some blogspot in the world. I got glued for eternity.

      Delete
  24. Did I ever tell you before that you have the most beautiful home I have ever seen! Love the warmth that you have created with colours! Tumi ki talented! Plate er opor er alpona ta ki tomar kora? khub shundor... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Apala. Am glad you liked my space.
      @plater opor Alpona: No I haven't done it. I have confined my alponas to the patio and the tea cups :) This was bought from a shop in Jodhpur Park, Kolkata called Sienna.

      Delete
  25. Such earthy colors and beautiful creations!!! A very inviting home, Parama:)

    The warmth of the home oozes out of the monitor! Very classy!! All the best for the contest:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman, thank you so much. "The warmth of the home oozes out of the monitor!" is one of the loveliest compliments ever. Love.

      Delete
  26. Classic combination of colors and creativity! A very beautiful home, Parama!! Oozes warmth from all the corners. Best of luck for the contest:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome is the right word. I don't think a house can be more colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely colours...awesome blog :)
    keep in touch...plz join my blog
    http://9shonalimukherji9.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sonali. Will surely check your blog too :)

      Delete
  29. Sigh. This just proves once again that we are indeed true soul mates :P. This is such absolute prettiness Parama! And everything you have either I also have or am totally lusting after ;-). You should be very scared to have me over to your home babe. Very very scared!!! And love the gamcha idea! And the sondesh moulds, and your lamps and your jewellery. And can I say you too? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you lovely! Yes yes you can say you too..to which my answer is "Same pinch'

      Delete
  30. Truly amazing
    Beautiful home and beautiful colors.
    Loved your post........

    Madhulika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madhulika. All I can say is, your compliment is as beautiful as your name. :)

      Delete
  31. I read it once and then I read it again... Its surprising how much people can relate to each other when the read :) I wish I could put my thoughts to words. It would be very much similar to what youve written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Preethi. This is such a heart warming comment on a drab and grey Monday morning. :)

      Delete

  32. Building India is an invitation to the bloggers community to contribute with their ideas on India.
    In a full day event, to be held in Kolkata, bloggers from city of joy and nearby cities will debate and deliberate upon what do they think should be the future of our nation. We are looking for bloggers from all across India who will debate and deliberate upon what do they think should be the future of our nation.
    Themes for the event are
    • How to retain the inclusiveness and secular fabric of the nation
    • How to harness the potential of youth for innovation
    • How to empower women to have a greater say in the household decision making
    • How to increase transparency in the governance at all levels.
    Ideas generated from the session will be shared with the Indian National Congress for inclusion in the 2014 general election manifesto.
    Timing and Date: 11:00am to 3:00 pm on March 02, 2014.
    Venue: Kolkata
    Breakfast, Lunch and Hi-Tea will be served apart from some other surprises.
    If interested, Please contact- sehgalkd@gmail.com (M- 09873819075) or jaydeepdasgupta@gmail.com (M-09051642996)
    Hurry, Limited seats are available.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Apurbo . tomar creativity dekhe mugdho. tomar mayer through diye tomar lekhao porechhi. ar ajker eta pore o tomar creation dekhe lekhar kono bhasa nei.
    shubho kamona roilo.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Osadharon. r kichhu lekhar bhasa khuNje pachhi na.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh. My. God.
    Firstly, your nest looks beyond beautiful! It almost feels like a museum I'm dying to tour! Each & every nook & corner brought a smile to my face! :)
    But special mention of a few things:
    1. The fabric covered beer bottles - pretty pretty pretty!
    2. Yes. Books ARE supposed to be everywhere. As is evident in our house too! :D
    3. That twine-wrapped stool with wooden figures on the legs? We have the same one too! ^_^
    4. That lazy afternoon picture is so so so perfect! The kantha bed cover, the batik, the painting on the plate and of course, Mrs. Sen - prettiness!
    5. The scooter print table cover below the lamp! <3
    6. Beads in a dips bowl.......can't get cuter than that!
    7. Sandesher chaanch??? Where can I get them??? Pretty please?
    8. Are those bowls in your kitchen really LPs?????
    9. Those birds in the nest!!! *oh-I-have-died-and-gone-to-heaven*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the very outset, a tight tight lungs-bursting hug. And a loud thanks. :D
      @ Sandesher chaanch: I bought them from a local mela. I will see if I can get hold of them in the local market. Will get for you.
      @Those bowls in the kitchen: YEssss they are real LPs :D Old Bollywood hits....very old infact. :)
      @YOU: I love you, sweetheart.

      Delete
  36. Parama,I am in total love with your witty style of writing.The descriptions are hilarious! The money and plant funda is too good! And Ghosh and company:)))....Shall come back again and again to this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Coming from you, it IS a huge compliment. Your home is such a treat for the eyes and soul. Onek ador.

      Delete
  37. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site,
    because i wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this website conations in fact nice funny information too.


    Stop by my web-site ... top family law lawyers in toronto [http://www.google.ca]

    ReplyDelete
  38. While you may never purposefully dump pollutants down a storm drain, they
    may just as easily enter one if you don't hire
    a green professional power washing company to clean your parking facility.
    Motors with rating of at least 18 horse power will run more efficiently and will be more durable over the years
    to come. Pressure washers or power washers are devices that are used for
    cleaning with water pressure.

    My webpage :: best pressure washer for the money ()

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely home .......lovely things....

    ReplyDelete
  40. There is a 'bhalo-basa' in Hindustan park too, which also has a 'baranda' :)

    ReplyDelete